- Hospital, research or clinical setting
- Health care service company
- Health plan/insurer
- Pharmaceutical or medical device company
- Educational or advocacy organization
- Government agency, think tank or consulting firm
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) is committed to improving the diversity of its students, trainees, and faculty. Individuals who are from groups historically underrepresented in health care leadership are especially encouraged to apply.
All decisions are made on merit and without consideration of race, gender, color, creed, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
Your letters of recommendation (as well as any documents you cannot upload at the time of clicking the submit button) should be emailed directly to email@example.com.
March 21 – applicants wanting scholarship consideration must apply by the priority deadline.
July 1 – applications will continue to be accepted after this date, if room in the class exists.
Here are the admission requirements:
- A record of significant and increasing professional responsibility in the health care delivery field
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; graduate-level degree preferred
- Completed online application must include:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume.
- All official transcripts for programs from which a degree was earned.
- Two letters of recommendation from people (one must be your immediate supervisor) who can attest directly to your professionalism and leadership capabilities.
- A personal statement of at least 500 words that explains why you want to assume broader leadership responsibilities. Please also indicate what knowledge you would expect to derive from this program and how you hope to apply it to critical strategic issues (such as quality improvement, increase in value) in your current professional setting and home institution.
- GRE or GMAT test scores are not required, but candidates may submit them as additional evidence of their preparedness for advanced study.
Application Review Process
After completing an application, you will receive a comprehensive evaluation based upon a range of factors including academic record, professional experiences in health care delivery, leadership capabilities, major accomplishments, and motivation. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all seats are filled.
Graduates from foreign colleges or universities who have completed an academic program equivalent to an American bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply. An English language proficiency test score from one of the following organizations is required of all applicants whose native language is not English and/or whose education was not conducted in English:
- TOEFL iBT® score of 100 or higher
- IELTS score of 7.5- 9
International applicants must have foreign transcripts submitted to one of these services for a course by course evaluation and translation into English: